February 5, 2020
College testing (ACT/SAT) advice from College and Career Counselor Mrs. Reynolds:
Ready or not, college application prep season is underway for high school juniors and there is a lot to do already. By now you should be thinking about:
- Testing: Which test are you going to take: the ACT or SAT? If you don’t know yet, email me at email@example.com!
- -On-campus ACT is February 25th
- -On-campus SAT is March 25th
- Senior Course Selection: Do you already know your intended college major? Don’t know yet? Now is the time to think about your interests.
- Your Primary Extracurricular: Is it impressive enough? Have you shown leadership or excellence? If not, now is the time to put a plan in place to make your accomplishments stand out.
- Looking at universities and colleges you are interested in. All have a Net Price Calculator (usually housed under student aid).
- Application Fees: We begin applications on campus September 1st.
- GPA: Your GPA is important, last semester of your junior year is what colleges look at on your application.
- Don’t panic! We are here to help guide you.