May 27th, 2020
Summer is still on at Southern Prep!
The welfare of our campers, staff, and families is extremely important and that is why we are taking extra precautions to make this summer a safe, yet fun, adventure for your son. The extra procedures, outlined below, will ensure the safety and health of everyone involved with our summer programs.
– Adult and junior staff who will have daily interactions with campers will arrive on campus 4 days prior to the start of camp and receive a wellness check from the school nurse.
– Staff will not leave campus or have interaction with outside personnel throughout the camp session.
Ten Foot Policy:
– All school employees who are not directly participating with summer camps, and not staying on campus for the duration of camp, will maintain a ten (10) foot distance from all campers and camp staff.
– Campers will receive a wellness check from the school nurse upon arrival.
– Camp staff will ensure campers are showering each morning and evening, with showers being used at half-capacity and cleaned regularly.
– Common areas will be cleaned each day and monitored closely. Our focus is to have campers outside as much as possible.
– All campers and staff will be required to use sanitizer before being allowed into dining areas.
– Our laundry facilities will wash and dry using higher temperatures than normal in order to kill any possible containments on clothing or bedding.
Summer School Participants:
– Because summer school participants will come into contact with faculty who has been off campus, summer school and summer camp will remain separated, with a distance of at least ten feet, as much as possible.
– Our summer schoolers will remain a distance of at least 6 feet from each other and the instructor while learning inside the classroom.
– Each camper will carry an issued backpack with their own water bottle, a pack of personal wipes, and a face mask at all times.
– Campers will practice safe distancing standards by staying in their Small Groups and avoiding large gatherings.
– Face masks will be worn whenever close proximity is unavoidable; i.e., when traveling together.
– Campers will be housed one per room. Rooms will be regularly cleaned and sanitized.
Important: Any camper or staff member who reports feeling unwell will receive a wellness check. Any camper or staff member with a temperature over 100.4 will be quarantined immediately; parents of campers will be notified.
We are excited to continue our amazing summer programs. See dates below:
Summer Camp Session 1
Summer Camp Session 2
Summer Academic Program
June 14-July 10