March 29th, 2021
Southern Preparatory School is committed to providing a safe and healthy learning environment.
We believe the TxtAboutIt service, which provides a digital and anonymous means for those who need help to get help, enhances our ability to serve our students’ needs.
Students can make a report at any time and we will make every effort to respond as soon as possible. However, if you send a message after school hours or on a day when school is not in session, note that the school personnel you are contacting may not be able to respond until the next regular school day.
What is “TxtAboutIt”?
Today, thousands of students across the country use TxtAboutIt to anonymously report problems, incidents and concerns ranging from bullying and threats of violence to drug and alcohol abuse to depression, thoughts of suicide and more.
A preventative solution focused on bridging the communication gap between students and faculty,TxtAboutIt:
• Opens the channel and frequency of communications between students and faculty
• Provides students with a mechanism to reach out to adults and anonymously report concerns
• Builds positive connections between students and faculty members
• Resolves student problems in a safe, efficient and timely manner
• Reduces the stigma often associated with seeking assistance for problems
• Allow students to assist in creating and maintaining a healthy school environment
We believe that TxtAboutIt will provide you with an outlet to share struggles, frustrations and more in a safe environment. Please use this service if you need to talk.
Click here for a short video created by students who use TxtAboutIt.
Submit an anonymous message and start the conversation by clicking here or text us at 256-392-7811.
If you are reporting an emergency, please notify your parents or another adult. For a medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.